Add a Contact
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Canopy Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
Adding a contact is a simple process for both individuals and businesses. To get started, click the Global Add Button in Canopy.
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Create and Edit Contacts
1. Click Add Contact.
2. Indicate whether this new contact is an Individual or a Business.
- Some contact fields will differ after selecting Business.
3. Enter your client's Name.
- Required fields are indicated by an asterisk (*).
4. Select the applicable contact Type.
- If needed, enter a Client Since date.
5. Indicate whether the contact is an Active contact.
- For more information about Active and Inactive contacts, refer to the Marking connections as inactive contacts article.
6. If needed, enter your client's contact information.
- Some of the available information fields:
- Email address
- Phone number
- If needed, click Add [phone number, email, or address] to add additional contact information.
7. If needed, add your client's personal information.
- Available information fields:
- Birth date
- Contact Owner
- SourceContact ID
- Options will vary for Business contacts.
8. If needed, enter any Additional Information or add any Tags to the client.
9. Click Create and manage to navigate to the Client Record.
- Click Create and close to save your contact and resume other work in Canopy.