Update tasks from the tasks list
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Canopy Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
You can update tasks from the task list without opening the task. To get started, click Tasks on the global navigation bar. Choose Task list from the slide-in menu.
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Access to the specific task.
1. Click the status of a task.
- A dropdown will appear with a list of statuses to choose from.
- If needed, create your own status by click the Add custom statusoption.
- Input a custom Status Name in the popout field.
- Drag the color slider to select a custom color.
- Click Done.
2. Click the date of a task.
- A calendar will appear to change the date.
3. Click the assignee of a task.
- A dropdown will appear to add or remove team members.
4. Click the description of a task.
- A text box will appear to add a description.
- If the description column is not visible, refer to the Adding New Sortable Columns article.