Update Your Profile
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Training Video Library
- Support Guides
- Tax Resolution
- Guides for Your Clients
- Canopy Mobile App
- Getting Started with Canopy
- Canopy Updates
Let’s learn how to prepare and update your Canopy profile!
In this article:
- Add Profile Picture
- Update Profile Information
- Update Practitioner Information
To update your personal information, let’s head into the Settings menu. Click on your initials and then select Settings.
You'll first land on the Profile tab. Here you are able to do a couple things:
- Add a profile picture
- Update your user profile
- Update your practitioner information
Add Profile Picture
To add a Profile Picture:
- Click the camera icon at your initials.
- Choose a file (.png or .jpg) from your computer.
- Resize the image
- Click Save.
Your profile picture replaces the initials button at the bottom left, in the global navigation. Don't worry, you can still access Settings here!
Update User Profile
Next is User Profile. This is your basic information - like your name and email address. This is also where you can update your username and password as well.
If you need to update or add any information, you can do so at any time.
You can also see your user role (like an admin or a regular user role) and the licenses to certain areas or features in Canopy.
Update Practitioner Details
The other section is Practitioner Details.
This information appears on certain forms like Form 2848 and 656. This includes the following information:
- CAF Number: unique nine-digit identification number and is assigned the first time you file a third party authorization with IRS.
- PTIN: preparer tax id nine-digit number
- PIN: five digit pin number assigned by IRS
- License/Enrollment #
- and a designation.
Make sure to save changes if you added any info here at the bottom of the page.