Resolve Duplicate and Unmatched Contacts
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Training Video Library
- Support Guides
- Tax Resolution
- Guides for Your Clients
- Canopy Mobile App
- Getting Started with Canopy
- Canopy Updates
Sync Unmatched Contacts with QBO
1. Click on the Options menu in the top-right corner.
2. Select Export Active Contacts from the drop-down menu.
3. Login to your QBO Accountant account on the QuickBooks website.
4. Click on the Settings wheel.
5. Choose Import Data from the Tools column.
6. Select Customers.
7. Click Browse in the Select a CSV box.
8. Select the CSV file downloaded in step 2.
9. Click Next in the bottom-right corner.
10. Map the QBO fields to the fields in your CSV file.
11. Click Next in the bottom-right corner.
12. Ensure that each contact you wish to upload is checked.
13. Click Import in the bottom-right corner.
14. Follow the guide to Restart your QBO Integration.
Resolving Duplicate Contacts
Currently, duplicate contacts must be resolved manually for each individual in Canopy. It is recommended that you complete the integration sync and then refer to the post-integration sync report sent to your email to recall which contacts are duplicates. To get started, navigate to your Contact List in Canopy.
- Add Button
1. Find and select a duplicate contact in Canopy.
- The client record will open.
2. Click on the pencil icon in the Contact info box.
3. Fix the conflicting information by inputting the correct information on one of the duplicate contacts.
4. Click Update.
1. Locate and select the duplicate contact in QBO.
2. To correct information on a contact, click on the Edit client link.
- Correct any information and click Save.
3. To mark a contact as inactive, click on the in-line dropdown arrow.
4. Select Make inactive from the dropdown menu.
- When you repeat the QBO sync in Canopy, be sure to select Active contacts when importing.