If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Training Video Library
- Support Guides
- Tax Resolution
- Guides for Your Clients
- Canopy Mobile App
- Getting Started with Canopy
- Canopy Updates
Team members can be assigned to specific teams or groups in your account.
In this article:
- Create Teams
- Apply Teams for Folder Access
Teams are essentially team member groups with certain capabilities, like different access and permissions that you can apply to several colleagues.
To create a team:
- Click on your profile pic or initials
- Select Settings
- On the left-hand side pane, select Team Members and Teams.
- Then click the Teams tab
- Click Create a Team
- Name your team
- Select team members to be part of this team.
- Select Create Team
You may edit this team at any point by clicking the three dots icon inside the team pane and selecting Edit. You may add or remove team members this way.
Apply Teams for Folder Access
One powerful way to utilize teams is to set folder permissions (and more, as functionality grows) for different teams.
To apply folder access for teams:
- Click Templates on the global navigation bar.
- Select Folder Templates
- Select a previously made template.
- Click on a folder in your structure - on the right, you can choose to have the entire team have access to this particular folder.
When you onboard new team members, you can add them to a specific team and have all of the team's permissions immediately apply to the new team member. In this way, you don't have to share each file and folder with new team members one file at a time.
We are always looking for other ways to utilize teams - so stay tuned!