Add New Team Members
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Training Video Library
- Support Guides
- Tax Resolution
- Guides for Your Clients
- Canopy Mobile App
- Getting Started with Canopy
- Canopy Updates
Let’s learn the steps to inviting team members to Canopy!
In this article:
- Invite a Team Member
- Manage Existing Team Members
- Track Licenses
Invite a Team Member
To invite new team members:
- Go to your profile.
- Click Settings.
- Locate Team Members and Teams on the left-hand pane and click it.
You’ll land on the Team Members. To invite a team member:
- Click Invite Team Member.
- Type in the new user’s email address.
- You can write a personalized message from scratch or use an email template.
- Click Next Step.
- Now, you'll assign licenses to certain Canopy modules (Time & Billing, Workflow, Document Management, etc.). Simply check to apply for this new team member.
- Finally, assign a role.
You’ll see a list of Roles from your current Roles and Permissions list in your account.
You can set a predetermined role here or use a custom roles, if you set it up already. Select one and then click Send Invitation to finish up. The team member is sent an email with instructions to login and update their account.
Manage Existing Team Members
On the Team Members tab, you can view the list of all of your team members for your account, including:
- Name - which also acts as hyperlink to their profile and practitioner details
- Current Role - which you can change any time
- Last Login
- Assigned Contacts
- And whether they’ve activated two-factor authorization.
You can assign contacts to team members at this stage - click on Contacts Assigned.
Here you can assign certain contacts to the practitioners on your team that they'll be working with.
Click Assign Contacts and select from the menu of contacts. You don’t need to do this step from here, but if you already had an idea of who’s working with whom - you are welcome to do it here!
As you add new team members and assign licenses, you can keep track of the number of licenses and subscriptions under Account Management on the left-hand pane under Settings.
This page keeps track of all the usage for Canopy subscriptions and licenses.