Navigating the Client Portal
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Canopy Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
The client portal allows you to communicate securely with your accountant. To get started, login to your custom portal provided in your invitation email. After logging in, you will be taken to the home screen of the client portal. The home tab allows quick access to some of your most often used functions and provides a quick snapshot of current tasks that need completing.
1. On the To-Do list, click on an available task to complete.
- The To-Do list on the home page will only show your five (5) with the soonest due date.
2. The Recent Files list will show the 5 most recently uploaded files to your portal by you and your accountant.
3. The To-do tab will show a list of all tasks assigned to you by your accountant.
4. The Files tab will show all of the files kept on your account.
- You can click Add a file to upload a new file to your account.
5. The Billing tab will show your outstanding balance, and list all of your invoices and payment history.
- If your accountant has enrolled in Canopy Payments, you will be able to make payments towards your balance and invoices. If you would like this functionality, please reach out to your accountant and encourage them to look into Canopy Payments.
6. You can click on your profile in the bottom left to navigate to your settings.
Select User settings from the pop-out menu.
- You can change any of your information using the provided boxes.
- Please note: To change your name, you will need to ask your accountant to change the name in their system as well so that all legal documents are updated accordingly.