Create a Task from the Global Inbox
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Canopy Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
New tasks can be created from directly within an email in the global inbox. Some of the task's information fields will pre-fill using the information from the email, such as the Task Name, Contact, and Email fields. Tasks that are created from an email in the global inbox will have the email attached so that users can quickly access the email while working on the task. To get started, navigate to the Global Inbox in Canopy.
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Contact email; Create, Edit, and Assign Work; Generic Tasks
Only the owner of a specific email can perform actions on the email overlay in the task workspace.
1. Open a relevant email to create a task from.
2. Click on the Create task icon (circle with checkmark) in the top-right to create a task.
- An adjacent dropdown menu will show how many tasks have been created for the selected email. You can click on each task to navigate to the created task from the email.
3. Fill out any relevant information for the new task. Some information will be pulled from the email to pre-populate the Create Task modal.
- If an email contains multiple contacts in the thread, the Contact field will be left blank.
- Emails can only be attached to new tasks. Existing tasks cannot have emails attached to them.
4. As needed, click Template to select a template for the new task.
- Select a Template and click Apply.
5. After entering all relevant task information, click Create and Manage to proceed to the task workspace.
- Alternatively, click Create and Close to return to the global inbox.
Managing a Task on the Task Workspace
1. Start a timer for the task by clicking the Timer icon (a watch).
2. Set a task's priority by clicking the priority tag.
- Select from High, Medium, Low, or No Priority.
3. Change the Status of a task by clicking on the status dropdown.
- Select a preset status, or add a custom status.