Send an eSign request to Clients
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Practice Management
- Tax Resolution
- Canopy Mobile App
- Canopy First Steps
- Canopy Updates
- Canopy First Look Webinars
- Guides for your Clients
After adding the signature field, you will need to send the eSignature request to your client. To get started, you will need to have already added a signature field to a file.
1. Click Send request on the file preview screen.
2. Edit the title of the request.
- Titles will default to eSign request: [File name].
3. Click the Add a due date field.
- Select a date on the pop up calendar.
- A due date is optional.
4. Click Add a Reminder.
- Select frequency of the reminder from the Every drop-down menu.
- Select the duration of the reminder from the For drop-down menu.
- Reminders are optional.
5. Click Add.
6. Edit the accompanying message.
7. Click Send now.
- Your client will receive an email alerting them to the eSign request.
- A window will pop up displaying the options to return to files or View created task.
- You will have to select an option to close the pop up window and continue working in Canopy.