Create a Calendar Event
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Training Video Library
- Support Guides
- Tax Resolution
- Guides for Your Clients
- Canopy Mobile App
- Getting Started with Canopy
- Canopy Updates
Calendar Events are a great way to set up a meeting between you, your clients, and your team members. Calendar events will be added to each participant's calendar, and can be viewed in your own calendar or on the calendar located at the bottom the contact profile. To get started, click on the global add icon in the global navigation bar.
1. Choose Calendar Event from the slide-in menu.
2. Select a relevant calendar, color, and status for the event in the top-bar.
3. Input a Title for the calendar event.
4. Search for a client to add to the calendar event.
- Select a client from the search menu and click Done.
- Contacts entered in the For client field will not be sent an email notification. To send an email notification, they will need to be added to the Guests list.
- Calendar events will be added to the clients calendar on their contact profile.
5. Select a Date for the calendar event.
6. Fill out the Time information.
- Choose a Start and End time for the calendar event.
- Select a time zone.
- If the event lasts for an entire day, toggle the All day switch.
7. If the event repeats, select an option from the Repeat dropdown menu.
- Fill out the relevant information in the new Repeat information feeds.
8. If necessary, input a location in the Location field.
9. If necessary, add a description to the calendar event.
10. Add any relevant guests to the Guests list.
- Guests will receive an email notification for the