Set Up the Transcripts Integration
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Training Video Library
- Support Guides
- Tax Resolution
- Guides for Your Clients
- Canopy Mobile App
- Getting Started with Canopy
- Canopy Updates
Canopy can be connected to the IRS through Canopy's unique API. Once connected, you will be able to quickly and easily pull transcripts without needing to log in again, or complete any additional steps. To get started, navigate to your Settings in Canopy.
For information on how to pull transcripts in Canopy, please refer to the Pull a Client Transcript article.
- Roles: Any
- Permissions: Transcripts
1. Click on Integrations on the left-side column.
2. On the IRS box, click Connect.
3. Canopy provides a quick walkthrough of the steps you will follow to connect to the IRS. When you're ready, click Get Started in the top-right corner.
4. Click on the provided link to Login to your IRS account.
5. Select your Organization and input the organization name in the provided box in Canopy.
6. Select A2A Setup on the IRS page.
7. Copy the provided A2A Client ID Code from Canopy and paste it onto the IRS website.
8. For the A2A Environment on the IRS website, select PROD.
9. Click Grant Access on the IRS website.
10. Copy the Full User ID provided by the IRS, and paste it into the provided box in Canopy.
11. Click Finish in Canopy.
- You can check that your connection was completed successfully by clicking Manage Organizations on the IRS Integration box. Successful integrations will show that the organization is Connected in green.